It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PADI CCR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 am 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Read an article in April's issue of Sport Diver pertaining to the launch of the new PADI CCR courses and a couple of questions immediately sprung to mind so hoping someone here can answer them.

The course is based around Poseidon Discovery CCR unit which is best suited for recreation divers.

1. On completion of the CCR 40 course, does that mean you are qualified and able to purchase a Discovery unit?

2. The Discovery unit itself is rated at 40 meters so moving onto the CCR 60 and CCR 100 courses does that mean there is a crossover course for say the Evolution Inspiration or is Poseidon going to re-rate their Discovery for greater depths?

Regards

Post subject: Re: PADI CCR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 am 
SD Forum Member
SD Forum Member

The PADI course will be initially based on the Discovery CCR, as you say, and yes, on completion of the course you will be qualified to buy and dive a Poseidon CCR.

The Poseidon is going to get software upgrades, etc, that will enable it to go far deeper than the current recreational set-up, so you will eventually be able to use that on the deeper CCR courses.

Other courses will be offered for other CCRs as soon as they meet the criteria set out by PADI.

Watch this space!

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 am 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

Hi Mark,

This is excellent news and I look forward to the course being launched. Do you know what the prerequisite are for these?

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 am 
SD Forum Member
SD Forum Member

Don't know all the prerequisites for the CCR course yet, but would presume Nitrox will definitely be one, and probably Advanced Open Water, but don't quote me on that yet. As soon as I know more details, I will get them in the mag and on the website.

Exciting stuff! I did the first two days of the TDI Poseidon course for the 'rebreather taster' article I did last year, and I can't wait to do the PADI course all the way through and get fully qualified on the unit. Very impressed with it - certainly user-friendly,

Cheers

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 am 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

Yeah I agree with you, it's a very friendly user unit.

I spoke to one of the senior engineers who worked on the discovery at the NEC last year and was very impressed with it it all areas then went on for a try dive in the pool but ended up with an inspiration unit :?

Looking forward to the forthcoming updates on the course.

Regards

Ken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:29 pm 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

Hi,

This is exceptionally decent and wonderful post.
I am very happy joined this forum.
I like it exceptionally much....!!!!

Thanks alot...