It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Shopping list
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:40 pm 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

Hi
I did the PADI Scuba diver in Sharm late March - I now realise that I should have done the Open Water but time was tight and blah blah blah

Now planning to do the open water locally (looking at the Dive Bunker in Fife for this) so I don't waste more next time, and putting a shopping list together.

Current thinking is :
Cressi travelight BCD
Apeks ATX40 regs
Tusa Imprex tri-ex fins

Any and all opinions eagerly sought :)

Post subject: Re: Shopping list
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:25 pm 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

this may be a bit late but your choice of kit will depend a lot on your budget especially if you are going to be getting a drysuit, undersuit, hood, gloves etc.

The ATX40 regs are decent for here in Scotland and wont break the bank (I use them myself)

The Cressi Travelight is a good travel BCD (another piece of equipment I own) f you are planning on diving abroad it would save on buying 2 with the airline weight restrictions,.but I do not use it here, mainly because it does not have a rigid backplate and is made of a less robust material.

Choosing your kit is a personal thing, have you had a look in the kit finder section here? I bught my Tusa Liberator after looking in there and have had no problems with it , it is hard wearing and provides plenty of bouyancy and is adjustable.

The same goes for fins there are so many different types to choose from, again do you think you will be doing much diving abroad? If so a good lightweight fin is the oceanic viper which look similar to the Tusa Imprex tri-ex fins though having never tried them I can't really comment on them.

The dive bunker may have a selection of equipment for you to try while doing your training and will be able to help you with your choice of equipment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:29 pm 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

I do not use it here, mainly because it does not have a rigid backplate and is made of a less robust material.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 am 
SD Forum Newbie
SD Forum Newbie

The Cressi Travelight is a decent travel BCD (another bit of gear I possess) f you are anticipating plunging abroad it would save money on purchasing 2 with the carrier weight restrictions,. but I don't utilize it here, Write my Essay basically on the grounds that it doesn't have an unbending backplate and is made of a less strong material.